I've wanted to write over the past couple of weeks, but every time I sit down to do it, nothing postive comes of it. My heart has been troubled and sorrowful recently and those concerns have weighed me down and when I would try to think of what to write there was nothing there. I felt empty.
Today at church the choir sang, "Where can I turn for peace?" The calming reminder in this song is that our Savior is there to carry our burdens. It lifted me a lot today. I know that he does carry our burdens and he knows what we are going through. But it is easy to forget that. Today this song reminded me of this and for the first time in many days I felt an inkling of peace. I know the trials and heartache are not over, but the only thing I can do is pray. Pray for faith, guidance, love and peace, for myself and for those I love. And I know many others are doing the same and I am so grateful for that.
On the days that I feel down I will try to remind myself of these scriptures.
John 14:27- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Isaiah 41:10- Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Blessed, honored, traumatized pioneers
4 years ago


Here's one more to add to the repetoire:
ReplyDeleteJoshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
This past Sunday in RS, we sang the song "Master the Tempest is Raging" which hardly ever gets sung at Church and I was struck how beautiful the lyrics where: "I perish, o Master, I perish" and calling out for his help and finding peace. Maybe listen to it and see if it offers a glimmer of peace too:
http://lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=1&searchseqstart=105&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=105&searchsubseqend=ZZZ
I'm sorry your heart has been heavy, and I hope you're able to find the peace you're searching for.