Today I had a photo crisis and a melt down. I got on the computer to find a family photo to upload to our new ward website. GASP! All of my pictures were GONE! We searched throughout the computer. Nada. I checked the memory card from the camera. Nope. Only stuff taken in Oct. was on there. (We won't mention that in Nov. the camera was broken by some not so innocent children and no pictures have been taken since. Except the ones the kids take on their cameras, but do those really count?).
I admit it. I bawled my eyes out. I blamed my family. (Someone deleted the pictures and it sure wasn't me!) I sobbed some more. I spent the evening feeling depressed. All of the pictures we had taken in 2010 were on the computer. Hundreds of them. And I hadn't saved them to a disc.
A ray of hope!
My neglected blog! I have some of our pictures here. Wahoo! Nothing from the first five months of 2010, but from summer on we have some pictures to salvage. Mike thinks he might have some photos saved at work. Crossing my fingers on that. So I'm still missing hundreds of photos, but I have a few from several important occasions last year. That is better than nothing.
Lessons learned tonight:
1- Save your photos somewhere besides on the computer.
2- Keep your blog updated because you never know when it might be a lifesaver.
3- Don't play the blame game. (That's harder than it sounds).
Blessed, honored, traumatized pioneers
4 years ago


Oh no! This happened to me twice. The second time I only lost a month and a half but still.I too turned to my blog, but I lost the videos though. I couldn't figure out how to get them back off my blog. I now save a back-up on a flash drive and at the end of the year burn all my pictures onto a DVD (CDs aren't big enough) and put them in my firesafe box, just in case.
ReplyDelete