This weekend Zachary, Isabelle, Zoe and I traveled to St. George. The purpose- clogging competition. What the kids really wanted- outdoor swimming with friends.
We had a caravan with friends, with kids swapping vehicles to be with their buddies. I got the van full of 8-10 year old girls and they had a good time. It went much better than I had hoped it would. I just put on some good tunes and chauffeured them down. Most of the drive down was rainy and then snowy (at the freakin' end of March!). St. George was cool and rainy most of our 2 days there. The kids made do with the indoor swimming pool and seemed pretty content. Zach ran around town (literally) with his friends when he wasn't at the competition. I got to enjoy late night dinner laughs with friends.
Zoe's team received a 1st and she also received a 1st on each of her All-Around Solos. Isabelle's 3 team dances each received a 1st and one of her dances received a High Scoring Team award. Zachary was in 2 mixed (couples) dances, which each received a 1st and one received a High Scoring Team award. He was also in 2 boys dances which each received 1sts and Soul Man received a High Scoring Team award. Overall, a very good showing.
Zachary also gained a few female fans at this competition. One of the other directors told both him and our director that her dancers loved his muscles, which were featured in his Slam dance (he was wearing a basketball jersey). He got some good teasing from his buddies over this. :)
Here are a couple of the dances from the competition.
Zach is on the far left in this video and yes it is him doing the flip.
Isabelle starts out second from the left in this dance. I wish the video was a little better quality, but we'll take what we can get.
Blessed, honored, traumatized pioneers
4 years ago


Terri, t wasn't just a few girls that Zach's muscles! When he put em up all the girls started screaming! It was funny! Thanks for letting us steal Zach Friday night! It was TON of fun!!!
ReplyDelete