After the Starz Unlimited dance recital on Wednesday my sister asked me what I liked best about the recital. I was stumped because I couldn’t think of any one thing that would answer that question. I said I liked it all. But now I can explain my answer.
What I love best about the recital is seeing it all come together. When you get to the night of the recital, it isn’t just another performance. It is so much more. When I am at the recital, this is what I see and feel-
I see nine months of preparation by the dancers as they learn technique and choreography through hard work and dedication.
I am inspired by how far each dancer has come during the year.
I see dancers developing self-confidence by going on stage and performing.
I admire and am grateful for the talents of the instructors who teach each student and choreograph each dance.
I witness the friendships that develop throughout the year and see the dancers cheer for one another, help one another and work together.
I feel the excitement of family and friends in the audience who are so proud of their dancers.
I recognize the many people behind the scenes who worked to make everything come together.
Seeing the dancers, music, costumes and choreography all come together make a magical evening that I am always excited to be a part of. While preparing for recital can be a lot of work, the outcome is always worth it.


amen to all that. thanks for sharing all that. Wish I could have been there for all of it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all you do (and I know it is ALOT) for our kids! You are doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteAthena