BY SMALL AND SIMPLE THINGS ARE GREAT THINGS BROUGHT TO PASS.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Idaho Clogging Competition Videos

We had a fun weekend in Pocatello, Idaho at the Idaho State Championships clogging competition.
Very late nights at the competition, but fun times with friends.
The kids look forward to the opportunity to travel with their friends to a competition and stay overnight.
I love watching my kids and the dancers from our studio get up there on stage and perform.

I was able to record almost all of my kids dances. I missed 1 of Isabelle's & part of Zach's freestyle because they were happening at the same time in different theaters, but hopefully I can record them next time.


Claire dancing to We Like to Move It.
She is on the end on the right.
This is her first year on a competition team and her 2nd time performing at a competition.
I think they did great!



Zoe dancing to Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend.
This is their first time doing this dance on stage.
Zoe is in the front on the far right.
Yes, that's her being lifted in the air on the right partway through the dance.



Zoe dancing to Friend in Me.
I love the cape work!
Again, she is in front on the right.



Isabelle dancing to Disco.
She starts in the back on the right side.
They look so sharp!
I missed her other dance. :(



Zachary was super busy with his dances on Sat. night.
He is on a boys team and two mixed teams so he had back to back dances and costume changes.
This is his last year on teams so it's bittersweet to watch him at each competition.

Zach dancing to Back in Time.
This is a fun dance and was a big crowd-pleaser.
Zach is on the far right.



Zach dancing to Beatles.
His wig didn't get enough bobby pins in it. :)
He starts out 2nd from the left.



Zach's mixed team Precision dance.
A fun, traditional dance. He starts out in the back on the right.



Zach in Sing, Sing.
He starts out on the far left.
I love all the swing moves.




Zach in Hoedown.
He starts out the 2nd couple from the right.
The class only finished learning the dance 2 days before the competition and it the first time they did it on stage. Pretty impressive in my opinion.



The last part of Zach's freestyle. The cloggers all come forward at the same time (this is called a 'rise & shine') to do their freestyle (everyone does something different) and then they come forward again solo, then they come forward for a last rise & shine. I only made it there for the last rise & shine.



And last, sometime after 10:30 p.m. after all his other dances and then standing outside in the cold for 30 minutes after someone pulled the fire alarm, Zach did his duet. This is another dance that was only finished 2 days before the performance.





No comments:

Post a Comment