I always have grand ideas about the fun stuff I am going to do with my kids during the summer, and then life just keeps going forward and it is easy to put stuff on the back burner. This summer we managed to get in a few fun activities, thanks in large part to my friend Karie, who motivated me to get out and go.
Among other things we went to Twin Falls, ID, Willow park zoo, Bear Lake, Minnetonka Cave, the Discovery Gateway children's museum, bird refuge and swimming. And then Karie braved taking her girls and mine to go fishing and to Antelope Island.
We also attended dance camp, clog camp, my niece's wedding, the Mormon Miracle pagent in Manti, went camping at Heber Valley girls camp, and had a family Independence Day party. Isabelle attended girls camp and Zach worked all summer at Camp Hunt boy scout camp. We also celebrated Isabelle and Justine's birthdays.
I attended a Carole King & James Taylor concert with my sisters and my sisters and I also had a few fun evenings together learning a dance for our family talent show at camp. I also managed to read a few books this summer. Woohoo!
Whew! We did more than I realized this summer. You don't realize all you've done until you start to list it out. Here's a slideshow of some of our summer adventures.
Blessed, honored, traumatized pioneers
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment