BY SMALL AND SIMPLE THINGS ARE GREAT THINGS BROUGHT TO PASS.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Time to Purge

Lately I've been feeling like my house is being taken over by junk. It seems like over the summer everything we own multiplied. There are piles of stuff in most rooms, some much worse than others. Between homeschooling, dance and trying to motivate/nag Zach to stay caught up with his school work, house work is falling through the cracks. Our kids have also been playing musical bedrooms recently and have their stuff scattered through various rooms. I've never had a perfect house, but it usually has been presentable enough that I wasn't too embarrassed about the occasional drop in guest. Not so right now!

I am posting a picture of our awful hall closet as a motivator to do something about it again. (After taking this picture I nearly couldn’t post it, because it is so embarrassing). I truly do clean this closet out every couple of months, but the kids get in there to search for stuff, hide, or play and within days it is a scary place to be. When I open the closet door and the stuff in the closet starts falling out on top of me, I decide it's time to tackle it again. It's no fun having a vacuum or broom knock you in the head! The other worst room in the house is the food storage room. I want to store food in there. What a novel idea! Everyone else thinks it’s the catchall junk room. So it also becomes a difficult room to enter and is a constant source of frustration. It is time to purge our house again!

It's a good thing we have guests coming in a couple of weeks! Having guests is a great motivator to do tasks that tend to be ignored. So over the next two weeks our family is going to tackle our junk, room by room, closet by closet.

1 comment:

  1. Go, Terri! That's what I've been trying to do lately, too, but it seems the junk multiplies faster than I can get it out the door.

    ReplyDelete