As you may know, I run a dance studio. Which is ironic since I never took a single dance lesson in my life. Until now. I am officially enrolled in my first dance class. Clogging, to be exact. How did this happen? Every year after the dance recital (which all of my children participate in) my family always asks me why I'm not in the adult clogging class. "It looks so fun!" they say.
This past June my sisters said the same thing again after the recital. And I said, "If you will, I will!" I thought I had called their bluff and that would be the end of it. But no, here we are two months later, with the 3 of us in a clogging class together.
Last night was my second class. And I have a new found appreciation for what my kids and all the dancers at our studio have been doing all these years. Doubles, singles, fancy doubles, double bounce, woodpeckers. These steps are all swirling around in my mind and I'm working to not mix them up or forget part of a step. And that is work for me! Now I will be able to say, "I am a clogger!" or maybe it's more like, "I'm a clogger?"
Blessed, honored, traumatized pioneers
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment